Wednesday, January 17, 2007

What if my alignment doesn't begin with Ch 0+000??

First of all Happy New Year to all! It's been a while since I last posted... Have been busy with work as well as training.
We all know that when we design our roads, it might not necessarily have to start with Ch 0+000. Have you ever wonder how to go about it? It's pretty easy actually.
When you first design / create an alignment, you will see the Create Alignment-Layout window. Change the start station to Ch 0+125 (for example) as shown below:
However, if you need to edit existing alignment, don't worry. You don't have to re-create the alignment. Instead, go to the alignment properties>station>change the station to say Ch 0+150. Hope it helps... My next post shall be on criss cross corridor... sounds familiar???

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi! I'm new in civil and i have a question. My starting station is 25+261.735, how i do this?